1. We know 50 Cent’s MO already, whenever a new album is about to drop he starts beef with someone.
His issues with Diddy, Rick Ross and Stevn Stoute go way back, so it was only fitting that 50 would post this gem on his social media account insinuating the obvious..but when 50 didn’t get the reaction he expected, he took the photos down..
He must have gotten the memo that his old tricks are tired, when Ja Rule called and told him that it isn’t 2003 anymore..
2. New Academy Award winner Lupita Nyong’o has been getting a lot of love from the press but one wonders, is that other shoe going to drop soon.
Because we all know how the press just loves to elevate someone, only to tear them down, when the new golden boy or girl comes along.
3. Congrats to Pharrell Williams, on receiving the coveted Oscar nomination and even though he didn’t win, he accomplished what very few hip hop producers were able to.
But am I the only one tired of this ying yang about non ambiguous looking Black women being represented in his work. Pharrell explained himself but I figure it’s a troubling sign if one is looking for someone else to validate their beauty.
4. Chelsea Handler knows exactly what she is doing, after all she is a comic that loves to troll to get under people’s skin. And what better way to get attention than to take stabs at Blacks during the Oscars.
Also another thing Chelsea is fully aware of is that very few will dare poke fun at her being Jewish for fear of career suicide.
Chelsea’s tweets taking stabs at Lupita, 12 years a Slave, Sidney Poitier, Tyler Perry, Whoopi Goldberg and Nelson Mandela.
#AngelinaJolie just filed adoption papers #lupitanyongo #Oscars -@chelseahandler
#AngelinaJolie’s adoption went through #sidneypoitier #Oscars -@chelseahandler
9:33 PM – 2 Mar 2014
Sorry Chanel #whoopsigoldberg #Oscars -@chelseahandler
#NelsonMandela looks great #abc #resurrection -Oscars -@chelseahandler
Congratulations #12yearsaslave Go to Africa or buy #ugandabekiddingme http://amzn.to/1de1ka9 #aheadofthecurve #Oscars
6. I know I am not the only one who noticed the sound of crickets coming from the parents or family of 13 year old Cartrail Robertson who was killed in what police are calling a accident by his 15 year old friend Darrin Wilson.
It might be due to the fact that in light of the shocking pictures of a 13 yr old and others his age getting high and holding high powered weapons..the parents and family of these kids are fully aware of the epic fail they commited in parenting.
7. Congrats to Arsenio Hall, whose show was renewed for a second season..a couple of months ago he was in trouble because he was stuck in the 90’s
But now he has found his place, no doubt by doing things that set him apart from the others on the first place by having Prince take over the show on Wed.